• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

XF Content: Forum Widget no synch |What i do wrong?

Solution
Finaly, it works!!!! Thank you so much for this great support.
You are right, an Add On was causing this problem.

It was not compatible with Add On " Change Title length (STCTL2) 1.1.0
Allows you to change the length of the thread and node title."

Yes right, nobody needs this add on:D

best regards and thank you!

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Im using XPtoWP Plugin and im very happy about it.
Thanks, excited to see your site come together!

Are you sure you've connected the right forum ID? Go to XFtoWP settings, click refresh, then check Site setup > Forums and make sure you see the names of your forum in a list there.

If still not working, can you show me your widget settings?

The design of the widget clash with your design too. Add this custom CSS to your theme to offset it:

CSS:
.xfwp-widget-section {
    background-color: transparent;
    border: 0;
    color: inherit;
}

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Ah, that screenshot shows you don't have the correct forum IDs. You should see the name of the forum in that list like so:

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 12.17.50 PM.png

To get the forum ID look at the number at the end of the link to the forum, or get it from your XenForo admin panel. After you enter the correct forum IDs, save, and resync your forum data. Your widget should now start using the correct content.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Daniel Szymanski, thanks for the extra details. Your settings all look correct, and my question now is what kind of API key did you setup in your XenForo admin? If you setup a User key and assigned a user to it, does that user have permissions to view the forums you are trying to link?

If you created a Super key, you must add a user ID in the XFtoWP settings.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Update:

Your API connection is fine, but for some reason only the titles of your forums and threads are not being included in the requests. Every other piece of data about a thread—from post date to author, and details about a forum—from the description to the last poster are available, but not the titles.

I haven't seen this issue before and can only think there is either a permissions error or an addon is modifying the results of your XenForo API. I'm going to run a couple of more tests to see if I can reproduce the issue, but those are the two strongest leads I have right now.

Comment

Daniel Szymanski

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Finaly, it works!!!! Thank you so much for this great support.
You are right, an Add On was causing this problem.

It was not compatible with Add On " Change Title length (STCTL2) 1.1.0
Allows you to change the length of the thread and node title."

Yes right, nobody needs this add on:D

best regards and thank you!

Comment
Solution