• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Woocommerce + Usergroups - worked and then didn't...

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi there--

With how XF to WP is set up on our site when a product is purchased, the account is added to a forum user group.

We had two orders of the same product, but only one account was added to the forum group and the other was not. Is there anything that you can think of that would cause this?

Thank you so much.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @DDyack good to hear from you and I hope XFtoWP has been performing overall well on your site!

We'd need to start by finding out if there's anything different about the accounts. Did the user in error already have only one or the other XF/WP accounts or was this on a completely new purchase on both sides?

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Yes! Great to hear from you too. Your support is always incredible.

Here are the two users that purchased the same product:

User 1 - Joined the forum on May 4th and purchased the product that applies the user group on May 14th. --Sync worked correctly.
User 2 - Purchased the user group product on May 14, but the user group was not applied to the forum account automatically. This user did not have a previous forum account.

Here are the settings:
1652798394136.png

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
@DDyack To your knowledge, this is the only user this has happened to? Have any errors been logged to your site from the plugin that you are able to check?

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
@Alex, it is the only user it has happened to... we haven't had a huge amount of orders so it's easy to check.

Also searched through the error logs and see no reference to your plugin during the time it happened. Can't tell if it was a fluke and I see no rhyme or reason why it happened. 😬

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Also searched through the error logs and see no reference to your plugin during the time it happened. Can't tell if it was a fluke and I see no rhyme or reason why it happened. 😬
The best explanation at this point is the request timed out or there was some other kind of connection error.

There doesn't seem to be enough information to find out the reason for this user, so if you get other user account issues let me know. Luckily we don't get many reports of this happening so hopefully it is just a fluke at this point!

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Good afernoon!

It happened again, not sure if any updates to theme, wp, plugins had anything to do with it. If it does, should we republish the products and resave the XF plugin settings when we do any updating?

This transaction was a little bit different, but the same thing still happened. Meaning, this time someone was upgrading their account and used a coupon to do so, but they still purchased the product that should give them the proper usergroup in XF.

I checked the error logs and couldn't find anything that referenced your plugin. So weird.

If you would like access to the site again just let me know and I can send you an updated password.

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hey Alex, just checking in on this... any ideas of anything else I could check to see what could be the issue? Thanks a ton.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hey Alex, just checking in on this... any ideas of anything else I could check to see what could be the issue? Thanks a ton.
Which version of XFtoWP are you running?

If you would like access to the site again just let me know and I can send you an updated password.
That would be nice to have so I can print a debug message when XFtoWP runs its individual user actions.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @DDyack, I apologize for the delayed response!

With the extra information you sent me I went ahead and ran a test using a 100% coupon and the account was created and synced to XF successfully.

At this point, I may just recommend we upgrade to 1.5 once it is marked stable which I am working to get out the door soon. 1.5 actually cleans up a lot of complexity from the user sync process that may clear up these edge cases of users not syncing.

Hold off for now as it is still in beta of course, but I am hoping to have this marked stable within the next week. If any more users don't get synced for some reason, please let me know.

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @DDyack, I apologize for the delayed response!

With the extra information you sent me I went ahead and ran a test using a 100% coupon and the account was created and synced to XF successfully.

At this point, I may just recommend we upgrade to 1.5 once it is marked stable which I am working to get out the door soon. 1.5 actually cleans up a lot of complexity from the user sync process that may clear up these edge cases of users not syncing.

Hold off for now as it is still in beta of course, but I am hoping to have this marked stable within the next week. If any more users don't get synced for some reason, please let me know.
Excellent! Thank you so very much. I'll keep an eye out for the new version and keep an eye on the store when orders come in to make sure everything is syncing properly.

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
...another thing, we also have some caching (WpRocket) and security plugins (Wordfence) installed. Could these plugins cause any interference with your plugin?

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
@Alex -- When is it estimated the upgraded plugin will roll out? We are still running into issues with the user role not being added when the product is purchased.

Thanks!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
...another thing, we also have some caching (WpRocket) and security plugins (Wordfence) installed. Could these plugins cause any interference with your plugin?
Caching and security plugins are always suspect but XFtoWP works on many sites with them enabled so I can't make that claim! It's always worth testing a while without those plugins if possible but I think the likelihood of finding anything is low.

@Alex -- When is it estimated the upgraded plugin will roll out? We are still running into issues with the user role not being added when the product is purchased.

Thanks!
Hmm, you have been using the plugin for a couple of months with success (I assume) and no issues so I do wonder what changed. I have been putting more energy into finalizing 1.5 this week and the biggest thing left to finish is mostly importing old user/thread logs.

All other functionality has been proven to be stable so it is just the log importers that have delayed the full release. I can't give a date but it is a high priority for myself as there are other parts of XFtoWP that I am getting excited to develop.

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Ah, thank you for the response.

It happened again this morning so while I was trying to troubleshoot the cause, I saw that the links on the right weren't all there under the Site Setup > Usergroups tab.
1656419559136.png

So I went back to the product pages, republished them (no changes) and then the link appeared again. I assume this means it's working now... but I'm not sure what caused it to not be linked anymore.

Comment

DDyack

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Well dang, it happened again. Got an order and the user group did not sync to the forum. The links from my screenshot above are still there so it wasn't that after all.

Cannot figure out the rhyme or reason of what is going on.

Comment