Using WP XF MP

JBsmooth

Reaction score
@Alex -

I was wondering if there is a way to use one login for WP XF and MP? Preferably the MP login.

After a member chooses a membership through MemberPress, they login through the MP login page and they don’t have to login again using the XF login. It seems redundant.

Any thoughts?

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
MemberPress registers users via the WordPress user system, so the logins should be the same.

After a member chooses a membership through MemberPress, they login through the MP login page and they don’t have to login again using the XF login. It seems redundant.
The next mini release of XFtoWP has a feature that will make it more seamless to login without entering your login details into XF as well. Unfortunately I couldn't use the "Redirect after login" right after a purchase because MP needs to bring you to a success page immediately after to finish the account setup.

Comment

JBsmooth

Reaction score
@Alex - is there documentation on how to connect all three? WP -> MP -> XF

I want a user to register on WP using MemberPress. After they pay to for the membership subscription, Xenforo is accessible with that paid membership (through MemberPress). Otherwise, Xenforo is not accessible to anyone - unless they have a membership.

Hopefully that is clear??

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hopefully that is clear??
Yes. :)

Promote usergroups on MemberPress product purchase

1. WP admin > XF > Site Setup > Integrate > Enable MemberPress
2. Site Setup > Usergroups > Enter XF usergroup IDs and a label
3. Save settings
4. User sync > Actions > Add new action on "product purchase" with {usergroup} variable setting (see description). Send a message on alert or conversation if you'd like.
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 4.30.57 PM.png
5. Save settings.
6. Last step is to associate the XF usergroup with each product you add to MemberPress with a convenient setting on each Edit Product page:
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 4.36.46 PM.png
By setting User actions you can sync requests to each user on product purchase, expiration, and other actions taken from WordPress.

Comment