Using Lifter LMS, Wordpress, and Xenforo -- will this work?

Holly Lisle

XFtoWP
Reaction score
I'm currently upgrading a site with twenty-ish fiction-writing classes to LifterLMS, Wordpress, ThriveCart, and Xenforo.

I need to have ALL forums accessible to members only.

Of those forums, a handful are for all members, more than a dozen need to be restricted to writers in specific classes, a handful need to be for private workgroups and temporary projects, and one needs to be for me to do consulting work.

LifterLMS will handle delivering the classroom stuff, but I need to make sure that when someone buys a specific class, that member will received the forum at the same time he or she receives the class. Have you seen setups like this before, and can the plugin juggle what I need to juggle?

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Holly Lisle, thank you for purchasing XFtoWP! Sounds like you have the perfect project to really put the plugin's features through the works.

LifterLMS will handle delivering the classroom stuff, but I need to make sure that when someone buys a specific class, that member will received the forum at the same time he or she receives the class. Have you seen setups like this before, and can the plugin juggle what I need to juggle?
Yes, XFtoWP is setup with the ability to promote and demote XF usergroups based on specific actions from WordPress. Each product you create can be assigned an XF usergroup ID and that will be added at the time of purchase, whether to an existing account or new user registration.

The only piece missing is the direct LifterLMS compatibility, which I would have to work with you on a development site if you are up for it. I expect XFtoWP to take over the WordPress-XenForo world, so I made sure it would be easy to integrate these features into any WordPress plugin, so it won't take much effort once I can test it in a Lifter LMS environment.

Comment

Holly Lisle

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Holly Lisle, thank you for purchasing XFtoWP! Sounds like you have the perfect project to really put the plugin's features through the works.

Yes, XFtoWP is setup with the ability to promote and demote XF usergroups based on specific actions from WordPress. Each product you create can be assigned an XF usergroup ID and that will be added at the time of purchase, whether to an existing account or new user registration.

The only piece missing is the direct LifterLMS compatibility, which I would have to work with you on a development site if you are up for it. I expect XFtoWP to take over the WordPress-XenForo world, so I made sure it would be easy to integrate these features into any WordPress plugin, so it won't take much effort once I can test it in a Lifter LMS environment.
Thanks, Alex. I've heard great things about you from one of your fans. And we're building stuff now. At the point where it's about ready to go live, if we get interesting results from the classroom/forum tests, I'll be back to ask for advice, or help.

Comment