• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access members-only support forums.

Implemented Using HTML in Strings

racesimcentral

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Me again. ;)

In the string for reply_count_plural I want to use this:

HTML:
<span class="count-num">%1$s</span> replies

Is there a way to do this? I have certain numbers on my site count up from 0 to their real figure to try to catch the eye of the visitor and would like to do this for that reason.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi @racesimcentral I just sent out a minor patch released (XFtoWP 1.5.1.2) that now allows you to safely save limited HTML to any field in the Edit Strings manager, or admin field registered as a string input.

Simply upgrade the plugin either via one-click updater or manually installing the update, and you will be able to simply paste that HTML into the text field.

I hope this helps!

Comment
Unfortunately due to inconsistencies with saving HTML to the database, this update has been rolled back. If you are on XFtoWP 1.5.1.2 you can either keep it until the next update or download 1.5.1.1 from your account area and re-install manually.

There is no harm keeping 1.5.1.2 active, but if you do save HTML into the Strings Manager be aware it may revert to showing special characters instead of your HTML.

I apologize for the confusion, and this is the first release I have ever had to rollback!

To address your original issue @racesimcentral, I have added a <span class="forum-comment-count">...</span> around the number of comment counts on strings so it is now there by default. This is in the rolled back version of 1.5.1.1.

Comment
Just to update this one last time... this issue has been revisited for the pending XFtoWP 1.5.2 beta release and a more consistent method has been applied. From 1.5.2 on, it will be possible to save a limited amount of HTML to String fields, as well as the following markup also applied by the plugin to plural comment counts:

To address your original issue @racesimcentral, I have added a <span class="forum-comment-count">...</span> around the number of comment counts on strings so it is now there by default. This is in the rolled back version of 1.5.1.1.
Thank you for your understanding with this unexpected saga. :)

Comment
Back