• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

The Beacon Shortcode?

Ray

Staff member
Md
Reaction score
Website
raylosophy.com
Hey, what if there was a shortcode for Beacon?

It would allow me....err...US to use it in the footer, sidebar, end of a post/page, or anywhere my...err...our heart desired.

Who's with me?

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
That's an interesting idea, I think for it to work the design would have to be modified ever so slightly so it isn't hover based.

Comment

Ray

Staff member
Md
Reaction score
Website
raylosophy.com
That's an interesting idea, I think for it to work the design would have to be modified ever so slightly so it isn't hover based.
Teaching/learning moment...

why would it matter that it is (or isn't) hover based?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
The current design lives in the header and was designed to act like a dropdown menu item. Moving the same design to the sidebar would need to be modified to be more like an "inline block" widget. It could probably look something like the hover state, actually (and maybe this is what you were thinking):

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 5.11.46 PM.png

I'm definitely convinced it would be a nice widget and maybe it will have to be the first Drop-in update once MD5.3 is out. 🤔

Reactions: Ray
Comment