• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Implemented Sync custom user fields

joszwa

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Congratulations on the alpha release Alex! Great to see the progress you've made over the past few months and can't wait to implement this in the coming months. A great surprise I just saw was the addition of being able to sync custom user fields from WP to XF, so we could reward people on our forums for things people do on our blog (commenting etc).

Quick question, I get how this works with new registrations etc. But how will it work with existing Wordpress and XenForo registrations? We have users on both platforms now, separate from each other, but it would be great if we could have the XenForo users log in to Wordpress as well. Or should they make a new account first and then link it to their XenForo account? Can they do that themselves?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
@joszwa, thanks for the kind words and for checking in! Glad to hear your project is making progress.

A great surprise I just saw was the addition of being able to sync custom user fields from WP to XF, so we could reward people on our forums for things people do on our blog (commenting etc).

Great spot! Currently XFtoWP supports a few custom fields and we do have plans to create a custom fields map setting that let's you send user profile fields data from WP to XF, so that should help a lot in your idea here.

Quick question, I get how this works with new registrations etc. But how will it work with existing Wordpress and XenForo registrations? We have users on both platforms now, separate from each other, but it would be great if we could have the XenForo users log in to Wordpress as well. Or should they make a new account first and then link it to their XenForo account? Can they do that themselves?

Until the bulk user sync tool is built, user syncing happens when a new WP user is created or a manual sync occurs. XFtoWP offers a feature similar to how we verify our forum accounts at XenForo.com—where you can display a simple form for users to add their username(s) to sync.

In our plans for the bulk sync tool, you will be able to scan your XF user database and sync any existing users from there into your WP site, instead of just relying on WP as it is now. As you can tell, this is an incremental process and version 1.2 absolutely nails the basics of user syncing—now it's time to scale up!

Hopefully by the time you are ready both of these things will be fully implemented.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thank you @joszwa, custom user fields sync has been added to XFtoWP 1.3, along many other great changes. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Comment