• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Implemented Suggestion: Option to create post instead of thread

joszwa

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi!

My last one for now, haha.

Our forum doesn't have too many separate threads but uses a smaller number of "mega threads" instead. In our case, it makes more sense to post the link to a newly posted blog article as a post in an existing thread (the linked one) instead of making a new thread for it.

Would this be an option in the future?

Best, Jos

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Another great idea I think will be useful for others and relatively simple to implement. I will keep this in mind for the release once user sync is out of beta.

Comment

Andro

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
This feature can be useful to control duplicate threads as well. Suppose a thread already exists on the topic but a new WP post is being made, then the WP author can just link to the existing thread while creating the post and respond there using a new reply than a new duplicate thread.

I suggest adding a per post option whether to leave a reply response while linking the thread or not.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @joszwa, thank you for the suggestion! This has been implemented in XFtoWP 1.4 and will be available for download soon.

Comment