• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Suggestion: Display comments under 'View Comments' button

Andro

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I would like to suggest an addition to the Comments display option.

Display the comments behind a [View Comments] button and lazy load the comments list on click of the button.

The reason behind the suggestion is, Google takes the post content + comments section content as the overall ranking factor and since thread discussions/comments aren't always productive it does harm to the original content in such cases. Hiding them behind a button helps combating this issue and since they aren't displayed, lazy loading them on demand improves the page speed scores.

Reactions: Ray

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I'd love to see this feature too as I've found that comment threads can sometimes load too much extra content.

Full quote messages, videos, images—it can easily be more HTML than the post content on longer conversations. I see the best implementation to include:

- Lazy load when #forum-comments div is scrolled to
- Option to only load when "view comments" button is clicked, as per your suggestion

Comment

Andro

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Can this feature be implemented with the upcoming update please? It can help us prepare for the Page Experience update (comments area loading performance improvements).

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Can this feature be implemented with the upcoming update please? It can help us prepare for the Page Experience update (comments area loading performance improvements).
I would very much like to see this happen but it can't fit into this release due to the complexity of the feature. This is something we'll look at grouping in with the sort comments options, if it isn't its own release.

Comment