• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Spaces between blog posts

mkw

Md
Reaction score
Another basic question :)
How can I change the space between blog posts?

1600016136948.png

mkw

Md
Reaction score
OK, I found Site Design -> Content -> Archives -> Loop and I can select either Teasers or Blocks.
And the Blocks is making the effect I was looking for :)

Reactions: Ray
Comment

Solari

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I've found if you prefer the default styling, you can plug this in your Additional CSS and it'll space it out:

.loop-default.style-default.content-sidebar .post-box:not(:last-child) { margin-bottom: 14px; }

Last edited:
Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I've found if you prefer the default styling, you can plug this in your Additional CSS and it'll space it out:

.loop-default.style-default.content-sidebar .post-box:not(:last-child) { margin-bottom: 14px; }
Nice digging. :) Do you use a child theme to make custom edits, or generally keep your custom styles in Additional CSS?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I popped it in Additional CSS. Which is better?

Ray
I always recommend a child theme because you can organize all of your custom code in one place, including template edits. This will save you time debugging if you know all of your custom code/CSS is in one place, and you will have a lot more flexibility and power by writing code in a code editor.

Plus, your custom CSS will load from your child theme's style.css file instead of dirtying up your site's souce code by printing inline, which the Additional CSS panel does.

Comment

Solari

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I always recommend a child theme because you can organize all of your custom code in one place, including template edits. This will save you time debugging if you know all of your custom code/CSS is in one place, and you will have a lot more flexibility and power by writing code in a code editor.

Plus, your custom CSS will load from your child theme's style.css file instead of dirtying up your site's souce code by printing inline, which the Additional CSS panel does.

Alex, I actually am using the child theme, it's where I popped the CSS in the Additional CSS box.

So you are saying I should directly edit the style.css file rather than use the Additional CSS box even on a child theme?

Thanks!
Ray

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
The style.css file of your child theme is the best place for your custom styles, yes.

The exact label "Additional CSS" is a default WordPress setting in WP Admin > Customize > Additional CSS, but the condensed interface is not ideal for writing CSS and can also cause CSS specificity conflicts since it prints the styles you write inline.

Comment