• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Third party Some users with dynamic IP addresses are being automatically logged out.

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
It appears that ever since I synced my XF users to WP, whenever a user's IP address changes, it will automatically log them out and their passwords won't work. Password resets won't work properly either. When their IP address changes, their password gets deleted again. This only started happening after installing this. As my other post says, only XF is live right now. My users are getting very frustrated.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Does disabling XFtoWP on the WP side resume password / log out functionality on your xf site?

There is nothing in the plugin that targets IP addresses or log out functionality.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
From the XF thread (multi quote can't work across sites lol)

The only thing can think of is hte .htaccess file. It appears to have changed after the plugin was installed. Any help is appreciated!

The plugin also does not alter htaccess.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
From your XF thread:
Recently I installed a plugin that links XF to WP. I didn't read the instructions properly and ended up wiping a lot of user passwords when syncing XF members to WP. Quickly, I realised that getting users to reset their passwords is the only solution. This has worked for me too, on my alternate accounts. The issue is that some users are reporting that they have needed to reset their passwords multiple times. Each time they need to login again, they need a reset. This shouldn't be caused by the plugin, as I've disabled any further syncing.
Do users reset their passwords from their XF profile or an account page on your WP site?

XFtoWP only modifies passwords when coming from the WP site.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Do you use the companion addon for user registration?

Comment

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Do you use the companion addon for user registration?

No I do not.

From your XF thread:

Do users reset their passwords from their XF profile or an account page on your WP site?

XFtoWP only modifies passwords when coming from the WP site.
From their XF profile. The WP website has not been made public yet.
Does disabling XFtoWP on the WP side resume password / log out functionality on your xf site?

There is nothing in the plugin that targets IP addresses or log out functionality.
Nope, no change.
From the XF thread (multi quote can't work across sites lol)

The plugin also does not alter htaccess.
Oh, my htaccess was last modified on that day, not sure why.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Without a VPN is it possible to login to an account and change the password successfully?

Comment

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Without a VPN is it possible to login to an account and change the password successfully?
For me it is. But for others, it is not. In fact some users reported that they can only login/change their password with a VPN. So there is something going on with IP addresses/networks..

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
For me it is. But for others, it is not. In fact some users reported that they can only login/change their password with a VPN. So there is something going on with IP addresses/networks..
To only existing accounts or also new registrations?

Comment

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
UPDATE: It appears that countries that require a GDPR are having the issues... I will provide more updates, but my tests with different VPN locations suggest that this is the issue. So the password deletion and login problem may be unrelated, it just exacerbated the the login problem which is likely caused by Ezoic. Sorry for all the fuss, I will provide an update when possible. Thanks!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thank you for the update @Global96. I have been running tests and can only conclude that something outside of the plugin is interfering here.

The unfortunate reality of bulk changing passwords is that some users will have a harder time than others getting back in, but hopefully it is a smooth process for the majority of affected users.

I am unfamiliar with Ezoic so I can't be any help there. Let me know if you find out anything new and I hope this doesn't scare you from using the plugin as this issue gets resolved!

Comment