Single Sign In & User Passwords

matteld80

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Alex

Couple of questions.

When we register a user and sign in the user is redirected to Xenforo and single signed in.
When you logout of the site and login the single sign no longer works and takes us to xenforo to login but if I enter same email and password from wordpress it doesn't work. Is there a way to single sign in when logged in to the wordpress?

User passwords. I have this set up in the user settings but it doesn't seem to have an impact on the users password in xenforo

Is this what these settings are intended to do?

Thanks, Matt

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

When you logout of the site and login the single sign no longer works and takes us to xenforo to login but if I enter same email and password from wordpress it doesn't work. Is there a way to single sign in when logged in to the wordpress?
Actions taken from XF won't reflect on WP, but the opposite is true for everything except logging out which doesn't seem to be provided by the XFAPI unfortunately.

Changing password and email on WordPress will sync that over to XenForo provided the setting is enabled in WP admin > XF > User sync > Settings.

Comment

matteld80

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Alex ok thanks for the replies and help.

So just so i'm clear it's not possible to have single sign on work after they first register?

The password updates don't seem to push through.

The client is considering moving forum platforms as they want a smooth and consistent user experience and this seems difficult with Xenforo

Thanks, Matt

Comment