• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Remove Inline Sharing Buttons from Pages

gauravtiwari

Blogger
Md
Reaction score
Website
gauravtiwari.org
Is it possible to remove the Inline Sharing buttons (the ones after the title at least) from all the 'page' post-types? I wish to continue using those on other post-types. Or do I have to edit the drop-in files?

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the Inline Sharing buttons (the ones after the title at least) from all the 'page' post-types? I wish to continue using those on other post-types. Or do I have to edit the drop-in files?
I assume you want to keep the floating icons enabled on Pages though, right?

I've been meaning to add separate display controls to the share options so you can choose where each type (inline vs. floating) shows more precisely instead of grouping them together with the current setup:

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.45.45 AM.png

For now you can make an easy edit to the Share drop-in file to prevent inline icons from showing on pages. Open /wp-content/md-dropins/share/share.php and find line 462:

PHP:
if ( ! empty( $inline ) && is_singular() && (

and change it to:

PHP:
if ( ! empty( $inline ) && is_singular() && ! is_page && (

This will always remove inline share buttons on Pages. The next update to the Share drop-in will include this behavior natively so you won't have to edit the file again. I hope this works for you!

I'm moving this to Feature requests so we can keep track of its progress.

Comment