• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Related Posts

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the Related Post drop-ins. I thought I activated it but it does not work.

It is in my wp-content/md-dropins folder. I reveiwed the directions and could not find where to put the activation into functions.php

In addition , it does not have any of the drop-ins listed there.

Any help will be appreciated.

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
Thank. I also believe I among using the modified version that provides a more condensed view. I like this update.

But most of all I like MD.

Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
My images are all different sizes on the desktop site. They seem to be the same on mobile. Did I do set up the Related Posts incorrectly? Also, it does not look as nice as the example. I love MD!

Last edited:
Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hey Richard, thanks for your patience with my response!

I will take a look at the Related posts drop-in and see why it is styled that way on your site.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting these issues! I have just released Related Posts 1.2 which includes some updated styles and now displays the proper featured image sizes in the frontend template.

Download and re-install the Related Posts drop-in to get the latest version. Here is what the section on your site should look like by default:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 12.56.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 12.56.15 PM.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 4
Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
Alex, I tried to upload the new file. It was uploaded as a text file. I have done this before. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
I tried again and got this error. I presume it is OK to say yes?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.09.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.09.47 PM.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 2
Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hey Richard, yes, it is safe to overwrite Drop-in files to upgrade them. It sounds like the Related posts drop-in may have gotten disabled. You can check from WP admin > MD > Drop-ins > and scroll down the list.

Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
I have tried all morning with Bluehost, and it still does not upload. I uploaded and overwrote the files in the old directory and added the code to my child's CSS. it is not working. The image is what I see in the folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.21.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.21.35 PM.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 3
Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
I forgot to check to make sure it was still active. Once I did that it works beautifully.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.28.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.28.41 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Weird, all of the files look like they are correct from your screenshots. Sorry if I wasn't clear, drop-ins are added to the Drop-ins manager after you upload them but you still have to activate them.

Looking good now. (y)

Comment