• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Mobile ergonomics

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Md
Reaction score
I have created this blog using MD as my theme.

Google Search console sent me an email to report 2 issues regarding the Mobile experience/ergonomics:

1630751846990.png

Let me translate:
  • Error: Illegible text. Too small.
  • Error: Clickable elements are too close to each other.
I have never used Google Search Console in the past. I'm not sure what it wrong and how to fix this?

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
It's hard to say without more details. I get the same reports from time to time, then the next month they are resolved as Google's standards seem to change quite rapidly.

Comment

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Md
Reaction score
Well, you have the link on my site on my first post. It is only 3 or 4 pages so it should be easy to know where it can come from? Or do you mean even you and I can't have more/enough details from the Search Console to really know what to do to fix them?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Well, you have the link on my site on my first post. It is only 3 or 4 pages so it should be easy to know where it can come from? Or do you mean even you and I can't have more/enough details from the Search Console to really know what to do to fix them?
No, it isn't easy to tell unless the report also told you what it considered as too small. The body font size is 17px and the smallest text looks like the header of your table of contents and footer text. So, if you think that is killing your SEO then you can increase the font size, otherwise it looks to me this report is trying to send you on another wild goose chase.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
So confusing and frustrating. They make you live in fear your content will never been seen...
Agreed, it's classic monopoly behavior to get you afraid what will happen if you are excluded from their grip but the truth is Google doesn't do many favors for small sites anyways. It's clearer, more than ever, that to have a successful website you have to have fun producing content and be your own advocate by finding your own people to bring into your corner.

There's still hope ranking for some keywords somewhere, but that only ever happens once you have a provably useful site by building traffic, creating interaction, and becoming trusted by your audience. If Google or any search engine is going to reward you, it's only when you do those things first.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
In other words, you're saying that SEO is dead and almost useless... till you have not built a trustable brand first.
Not dead and useless, but distracting if you haven't even worked out the basics of your website and brand. It's like putting design before content or selling a service with nobody to pitch to.

Comment