• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

MD4.8 Sneak Peaks

The next focus for Marketers Delight is to finally deliver some easy design/customization options, and thanks to the great MD4.7 I've been running at full speed building these new features out.

You know - things like changing site colors, fonts, menu colors, etc. without needing to go into your child theme or write CSS.

(of course MD will always be developer friendly)

Take a sneak peak of one small possibility so far (video link):

https://cl.ly/282Q3d2Q3u43
So far I'm pleased with the direction things are going and staying diligent to only add what's necessary for maximum results. Less is more; all that good stuff.

As you can see from the video I'm targeting site elements like the header, main menu, content box, sidebar, footer, and the most important elements within these sections. After working through thousands of sites (many hundreds of MD, maybe more) I'm focusing on what is most commonly changed in site designs and honing in on getting the most out of each new settings control.

Nailing the right design tools will end up saving us time when first setting up new and take away tending to some of the more tedious elements of good design - ESPECIALLY styling menus (always a headache).

I'm also trying to think and build for the future as well as the present, and have found it interesting to design these tools in such a way that they can be launched from individual posts/pages (like nearly every other MD feature) instead of global.

I'll keep moving along, and will keep you updated on my progress and when to expect these to be finished. I'm calling this MD4.8, and there will be tons of other improvements design/optimization improvements alongside these new design controls.

Let me know some of most common design changes you make to your own sites and see if they would be useful to add to MD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Amongst many other mini features to be released in MD4.8, we're also getting a new Search page template (in an attempt to add a search box to your websites SERPs):

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 19.39.43-fullpage.png

And the perfect touch for an update like this, MD will automatically clean out the unneeded scripts, meta tags, and other junk from loading in the HEAD of your page's document. I also found out that WordPress sets a cookie in the browser of every visitor who fills out their name, email, and website to leave a comment on your site, so MD will also now disable that too. If you need these scripts and cookie feature, you can restore it with a new option in the MD Site Tools:

md48.png

Comment
Reaction score
Maybe you've just been tapping into my brains central storage and gleaning them for the features I've been totally desiring! Totally excited about this update!!!!! 

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I am starting the process of updating some sites I manage to MD4.8. This is how I get the bulk of testing done on new releases - nothing better than real world experience right?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Marketers Delight 4.8 calculates the most gruesome details of website typography while giving you a direct plug into its brain with simple font controls across all devices - no media queries required. Feeling nerdy yet, type nerds? pic.twitter.com/gdIMGE8BbN

— Alex (@aamangini) June 15, 2018

Comment

V3King

Reaction score
Hey Alex,

How many days till the 4.8 update? I'm eagerly waiting for it. I want to use it on a new site and rather have all these functionalities than editing the child theme, This update would save a lot of time and do a lot more.

Any ETA on it? So I can decide whether to wait for it or not.

Thanks!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hey, great question. I'm working on the announcement post now and testing the last details and bug fixes I can find. That being said, I'm shooting for a soft launch this weekend (around Friday) to release to everybody who wants to update, then make a formal announcement to the email list on Monday.

Very pleased to hear you will be using MD for a new site, this update will absolutely be a big boost to your efforts.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
This all looks very exciting.

Guess I'd better stop procrastinating and renew my licence ASAP.
Thanks, Callum! And that sounds like a great idea. ;) I'm almost done the announcement post and it really does a great job outlining the new features and the intention behind them which I think you will definitely appreciate.

Comment