• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

MD MD vs GP

TomWood

Reaction score
Hello, long story short, I want to buy my first WordPress theme. I did some research on my own and narrowed my choices to MD and GeneratePress. As I don't have any experience with premium themes, maybe some of you guys can help me out. Why should I pick MD instead of GP?

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @TomWood! Thank you for the question and patience with my reply! I was offline yesterday.

You should choose MD if you want to create a website you will update often and can support various content types like longform blog articles, shorthand posts on the stream, and even something more unique like SEO friendly Glossary pages..

Furthermore, you already have built-in tools to capture leads with MD Optins such as email optin forms, floating bars, and a built-in popups builder, to name a few.

We are now moving to release pre-built templates and layouts you can install to your site, and unlike our competition we are not outsourcing that to page builders and other tools—we are keeping your website lean by building on top of MD's rich framework.

I hope that sparks your imagination. :)

Comment

TomWood

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, I had some stuff going on in my life.

I see that the pricing model has changed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can use MD on multiple websites(blogs) even with a Starter plan, right? If so, what benefits do I get from having "5 or 25 site license activations"?

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I see that the pricing model has changed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can use MD on multiple websites(blogs) even with a Starter plan, right? If so, what benefits do I get from having "5 or 25 site license activations"?
Hey Tom, the pricing model has been expanded but the core offer remains the same.

Site activations are the number of sites your license allows to be sent one-click theme + drop-in updates from MD.com. Otherwise you have to manually update your sites when new versions are released.

Comment