• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

MD 5.5 Issues

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
Alex, I updated to MD 5.5. I seem to have some problems that I did not expect. They may be non-MD-related, but I could use your help in solving them.

1. Books do not open to my review of the book;
  2. The like button no longer works. When I click on it, it just refreshes the page;
  3. The search bar does not work;
  4. I had a floating bar that no longer appears;
  5. The donate shortcode disappeared. I added it back to the child theme, but it is erratic.
I am hoping these are not related to the upgrade but that is all that I did.

Solution
Sorry for the trouble @Richard Brown, I haven't seen these issues in the upgrades I've tested so I wonder what was different from your site, which is actually simple.

In MD5.5, the way scripts are loaded has changed so the drop-ins needed the auto updates. It should be as simple as 1) update the MD theme 2) update drop-ins. The good news is your site, and many other sites that have updated seem to load a little snappier.

I do see your site has full functionality again.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I disabled all plugins and cleared the cache. The problem persists and is not related to the plugins.
Hi Richard, you will have to update the drop-ins you have installed. With MD5.5 came the following drop-in updates:
You may not have all of them installed but it sounds like you have Share and Optins installed. If those one-click updates weren't available from the MD > Dashboard > Updates > Check for Updates prompt, go download and reinstall those drop-ins from your MD account area.

Once you've done this the first time, future updates will be able to one-click update the same way the theme does.

Let me know if that works!

Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
The child them is active. Is that correct? It only gets worse, not better. The issues I raised are still a problem. The header is messed up. What can i do to fix this? Can I go back to 5.4?

Please help me solve this!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 9.14.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 9.14.26 AM.png
    282.1 KB · Views: 0
Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
I fixed the header by choosing the right menu. However, the other issues are still occurring. As noted, I cannot find the correct versions of the Share and Optins. Should I reinstall 5.5? What can I do to make this work? I need help to resolve this.

Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
I just checked again, and the two drop-ins were now available to download. It seems as if it is currently working. If you have time, can you check out my site and make sure it all works?

Thanks.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Sorry for the trouble @Richard Brown, I haven't seen these issues in the upgrades I've tested so I wonder what was different from your site, which is actually simple.

In MD5.5, the way scripts are loaded has changed so the drop-ins needed the auto updates. It should be as simple as 1) update the MD theme 2) update drop-ins. The good news is your site, and many other sites that have updated seem to load a little snappier.

I do see your site has full functionality again.

Comment
Solution