• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Mass thread creation

Rush

XFtoWP
Reaction score
This is a weird request but it would be super useful.

We have multiple custom post types. The posts in these post types are automatically created by importing large CSVs of data into the WP DB which then create new posts inside the CPTs.

The problem we have after import is we would have to manually edit hundreds of pages individually to create new comment threads for each post because they have not been created in the standard way via the WP editor screens.

Is there a way to mass select these posts and get XFtoWP to create threads in a specific forum for any posts that do not have a currently attached thread?

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
The problem we have after import is we would have to manually edit hundreds of pages individually to create new comment threads for each post because they have not been created in the standard way via the WP editor screens.
If you enable the auto-create thread setting the plugin should create a thread after any time a post is inserted into the database. XFtoWP targets WP's wp_after_insert_post hook which is not tied to just the Publish button.

I haven't tested your exact use case but I do believe the threads should publish since we use that hook.

Is there a way to mass select these posts and get XFtoWP to create threads in a specific forum for any posts that do not have a currently attached thread?
If my point above turns out true then the only thing that would have to be added to XFtoWP is a "category to forum" mapping feature which is not very difficult from a development standpoint. That would allow every thread that is auto-published to detect the post's category and post to the pre-associated forum.

We have multiple custom post types. The posts in these post types are automatically created by importing large CSVs of data into the WP DB which then create new posts inside the CPTs.
The biggest concern I have is if you are using a large CSV to insert a lot of WP posts and run API requests to your forum, that is may overload your request. I can't verify this but it's always a thought as REST API requests can be more expensive than internal requests.

For this case the new Bulk importer tool in XFtoWP 1.5 may be used after the fact to run through all your posts and attach threads in the same manner as I just explained, but only after the posts have already been imported. Bulk thread creation hasn't yet been built into XFtoWP but it is one of the planned use cases for the new importer tool once we get out of beta.

Basically we have a couple of avenues to take but what you are asking for isn't unreasonable at all.

Comment

Rush

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thanks Alex, we have hundreds of posts that need connecting to a thread and it's too soul-destroying to do them one by one so anything that could make that happen would be very, very useful.

I can confirm that after an import, there are no threads created and I am pretty sure auto-create thread is set to active.

Comment