• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Loading PDF or Widget Text in Gallery Blocks

writeitnow09

Md
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm digging into some of the features of the new MD.

I'm running into a brick wall with Gallery Blocks, though, because of my specific use case. Here's what I'm trying to do on one of my pages:
1. Set up a bunch of text-based samples (for instance, a PDF or even text that I have dumped into a text box).
2. Basically, in the Gallery Block, I would like to have an image display, then when clicked, I would like a PDF or formatted text to appear in a lightbox.

I think this would be a great way to let people peruse a variety of samples quickly without forcing them to keep returning to the initial page.

First, is this possible with Gallery Blocks?

Second, how would I deploy something like this?

In advance, thank you!

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @writeitnow09 this is definitely possible with the foundation of Gallery blocks since it is already setup to deploy light boxes, but there would need to be a slight modification to how it works overall to handle this use case.

I see a good opportunity to extend the Gallery Blocks drop-in with this idea so I have decided to use this idea for my first video codecast. You can watch me go through the nerdy stuff of coding the drop-in, then I will send the updated drop-in (or a brand new one) out that can make something like this possible.

Stay tuned. :)

Comment