• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Image Optimization

Hey everyone,

I'm getting a client's site prepared for launch and I'm curious about the most effective methodology for image optimization.

They have AWS set up that hosts a lot of their images, so I was planning on putting the images on there and having them load through an external server.

One thing I noticed is that there's no External URL for Featured Images, like the headers on the pages. Is there currently a way to load those featured images from AWS? I tried this plugin with no luck (it's super bloaty anyways).

I also saw the MDTV episode on it as well which I'll implement for those images.

Other than that, is there anything else besides that I could be aware of?

Thanks,

Max

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hey Max, if you use a cache plugin that has the capability to connect to a CDN this process can be very easy. If I remember correctly Amazon has a CDN service attached to it called Amazon CloudFront and that's what you can connect your site to. With a plugin to connect it to, it will automatically swap out image and resource URLs to Amazon. So you're still uploading everything to your site, but the CDN + plugin connection handles the external server stuff for you.

Edit: this seems to be a pretty good tutorial about CloudFront + CDN + WordPress if you haven't seen it.

Comment

Max Nachamkin

Md
Reaction score
Solid. Thanks Alex
default_smile.png

Comment