• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

I very specifically do NOT want independent XF accounts to be creatable

Holly Lisle

Reaction score
It is essential to me that the only folks on my forum are my students... so I need to lock out any independent account creation from XenForo.

Is this something I can control from the plugin, or am I going to have to get support from Xenforo on turning off its external registration?

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Holly Lisle, thanks for your patience with my response. It was a hectic weekend of development but I'm glad to be fresh out of the Labs and see you posting here. :)

Is this something I can control from the plugin, or am I going to have to get support from Xenforo on turning off its external registration?
You can disable registrations to XenForo completely, and XFtoWP will still create new users based on the user actions you setup. I also recommend you do NOT turn on the "Enable user sync on WP registration" setting from XFtoWP.

The best thing to determine is what is the criteria for users to be able to register to your forums, which sounds like upon purchase. I remember you mentioned a product you use called ThriveCart for ecommerce, so we will need to make XFtoWP communicate with that tool to seal the deal on your new user registration flow.

Do I have that much right so far?

Comment

Holly Lisle

Reaction score
Yes. That is exactly what we need. Just to have people who already own classes (about eleven thousand members at last count) and people who buy NEW classes automatically given access to the forum associated with their class.

Comment

Holly Lisle

Reaction score
And I'm back to having problems. I cannot log into the plugin download. Email, username, and password all don't work.

Since these were hosted on MarketersDelight, and since you're now Kolakube, I'm hoping this is expected, and that I'll be able to reach the plugin/download/account to update information.

I'd still like to add my project manager to the plugin access if at all possible.

Comment

Holly Lisle

Reaction score
Never mind. Old data not yet removed from my project cheat sheet. I can get in via the Kolakube link.

Comment