• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

How to protect Videos from being downloaded on WP pages?

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Md
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have created pages with MD to manually create my Membership area.
I have videos on those pages that I would loke to protect.

I was thinking of preventing the Right-Click function and the the View Source on those pages: How can you do so easliy with code?

I also search for free pluggins to do so. As always, many options avaiable and you're not sure which ones are safe and worth it.
Hence my question to this community: Any suggestion?

FYI, here are a few things I found:

Not sure what is the best option to protect my videos.

Thanks for your feedback.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I was thinking of preventing the Right-Click function and the the View Source on those pages: How can you do so easliy with code?

I never encourage this as there are easy workarounds to still get into your site's code. Plus, anybody with screen recording software can just sit and rip your video that way so you will be fighting a losing battle where only your honest users are hurt.

Your membership software should actually already handle file protection since it presumably also locks down content based on user roles. Look to see if there is any mention of securing files uploaded to a certain part of your membership plugin, and that will restrict anybody who is not logged in with the proper permissions to be able to access them.

Comment