• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

How to add a link to the feature image?

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Md
Reaction score
The question is in the title.

By the way, kudos to @Alex for all this great options to display the feature image:
1653827490667.png

Last edited:

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Glad you like the choices, that is one of the first major features developed as far back as MD4.0. :)

The featured image intentionally doesn't have a link from single pages but does always link from category/archive pages. Any reason you want to change it? It doesn't add much to add a link to the same page.

Comment

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Md
Reaction score
Here is the reason: When doing affiliation, this is VERY useful.
Why?
Some people have compulsive clicking behavior and tend to click the first image they see when reaching a blog post, especially if it seems to match what they are looking for. They want to get asap to the related product page.

The nature of feature images is to be as teasing as possible. Hence my request.
Hope it makes sense.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Some people have compulsive clicking behavior and tend to click the first image they see when reaching a blog post, especially if it seems to match what they are looking for. They want to get asap to the related product page.
I see, you are talking about a blog post with an image that could link to an affiliate link on the single page. From the blog home / categories / listing it can click to the page itself, then only link to your custom link on the page.

This is possible with a child theme template edit, and even the new drop-in here can help. ;)

Comment

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Md
Reaction score
I see, you are talking about a blog post with an image that could link to an affiliate link on the single page. From the blog home / categories / listing it can click to the page itself, then only link to your custom link on the page.

This is possible with a child theme template edit, and even the new drop-in here can help. ;)
That's correct.

Years of using MD have taught me I should not drift too much out of my core skills, that is writing and producing content. How can do that easily?
To me, that option/behavior should ideally be part as standard in MD. It would be very useful!

Comment