• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Resolved HELP. My users cannot login to Xenforo after transferring them to WP.

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Only my Admins are unaffected.... I've told everyone to reset their passwords in an announcement, but this is a fairly large forum, so I would like to fix it ASAP.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Global96, thank you for using XFtoWP for your forum. :)

Due to security reasons, importing passwords from XF users into WP users isn't possible, however there is a workaround setting available that let's users login from wordpress with their XF password.

Go to WP Admin > XFTOWP > User syncing > settings > Login WP users with XF passwords

Enable and save, and users will be able to use their expected XF passwords from your wp login page. This will also reset their password on the wp side so their passwords are truly synced moving forward.

Let me know how this goes!

Comment

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Global96, thank you for using XFtoWP for your forum. :)

Due to security reasons, importing passwords from XF users into WP users isn't possible, however there is a workaround setting available that let's users login from wordpress with their XF password.

Go to WP Admin > XFTOWP > User syncing > settings > Login WP users with XF passwords

Enable and save, and users will be able to use their expected XF passwords from your wp login page. This will also reset their password on the wp side so their passwords are truly synced moving forward.

Let me know how this goes!
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I haven't made my WP site live to the public yet. It still needs another week or two to be ready. The main concern right now is getting my XF users to be able to log in to XF. I have asked them to reset their passwords, but if there is anything else I can do to alleviate the issue, please let me know, thanks.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I haven't made my WP site live to the public yet. It still needs another week or two to be ready. The main concern right now is getting my XF users to be able to log in to XF. I have asked them to reset their passwords, but if there is anything else I can do to alleviate the issue, please let me know, thanks.
I see. Did you read the instructions before importing XF users, namely this part:

This action will reset XF user passwords unless you disable XFtoWP > User Sync > Sync user registrations. You can re-enable after, or keep enabled to force password reset.
Screenshot_20220505-101949_Brave.jpg
If the Sync user registrations setting is enabled while you run the import, it will force password changes on xenforo which may not be desirable in every scenario. It sounds like this setting was on and had the unwanted effect of changing your users passwords which their is no way to turn back without a database restore unfortunately.

Comment

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
I see. Did you read the instructions before importing XF users, namely this part:

View attachment 3950
If the Sync user registrations setting is enabled while you run the import, it will force password changes on xenforo which may not be desirable in every scenario. It sounds like this setting was on and had the unwanted effect of changing your users passwords which their is no way to turn back without a database restore unfortunately.
Ah my bad. I knew I did something wrong hahaha. I followed those 3 steps, but somehow overlooked the writing on the bottom. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Ah my bad. I knew I did something wrong hahaha. I followed those 3 steps, but somehow overlooked the writing on the bottom. Thanks for the help!
I should work to make it more visible at least as I realize the nuisance it can cause and unfortunately has caused to you.

Do you plan to restore the database or use this as an opportunity to encourage stronger passwords? Trying to find some silver lining!

Also, do you care to share how many users you imported using the plugin?

Comment

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
I should work to make it more visible at least as I realize the nuisance it can cause and unfortunately has caused to you.

Do you plan to restore the database or use this as an opportunity to encourage stronger passwords? Trying to find some silver lining!

Also, do you care to share how many users you imported using the plugin?
That is a good idea.

I think this is a good opportunity for me to reconnect with my user base. I have already spoken to many users who I haven't spoken to in more than a year. The password resets have fixed it for many users, and I've already logged into my WP website with a few accounts from XF and they all work perfectly (changed the passwords on XF for them too). So yes, despite being a bit nerve-racking at first, I have indeed found a silver lining in all of this, and am excited to see the results once the WP website is complete. I imported roughly 1600 users.

Thanks for all the help, I'm a happy (but stupid) customer!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I think this is a good opportunity for me to reconnect with my user base. I have already spoken to many users who I haven't spoken to in more than a year.
That's pretty cool, forums have many amazing ways to reconnect with users even down to simple password resets!

So yes, despite being a bit nerve-racking at first, I have indeed found a silver lining in all of this, and am excited to see the results once the WP website is complete. I imported roughly 1600 users
I am looking forward to see what you create and will be here if you need further assistance.

If you have time at any point during your site build and you feel satisfied with XFtoWP, please consider leaving an honest review at the resource thread as it really helps out the listing. Thank you!

Comment

Global96

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Just one more question. Would you recommend I disable "Sync user registrations" and "Sync user edit email and password changes"? Of course, if I was to import members again, I would disable the former. However, under normal circumstances, is there any benefit to keeping them if I'm using the "Login WP users with XenForo password" option? I plan to use XF as my main user hub, so I'm fine with people only being able to register on XF, with the option to login on the WP site too (but not register there).

Comment