• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Header Image Problems

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
I created in Canva an image for the header. This is the link - https://www.lilienbrown.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Brownlove.png

I uploaded it in site design, featured image, full header cover. It did not fit. What is the size that would work.

I realize Canva may or may not be the best option but I want a header image for the site. I am open to all suggestions.

It also inserted the image the the headings for this post. When I removed the featured image the title became inside of a gray box. Is there a way to change this?

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Ok @Richard Brown, I spent some time designing you a fitting banner I hope you like much better. :) Instead of using your image, I've utilized the site title and tagline text, moved the menu to a new row, and added two custom header banners.

Desktop:

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 5.44.28 PM.png

Mobile:

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 5.44.37 PM.png

I've also added a simple settings screen where you can update the images by going to WP admin > MD > Theme Extras.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 5.46.36 PM.png

Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
Ok @Richard Brown, I spent some time designing you a fitting banner I hope you like much better. :) Instead of using your image, I've utilized the site title and tagline text, moved the menu to a new row, and added two custom header banners.

Desktop:

View attachment 3519

Mobile:

View attachment 3520

I've also added a simple settings screen where you can update the images by going to WP admin > MD > Theme Extras.

View attachment 3521
Alex, I cannot thank you enough. This is wonderful. I really appreciate it. Now I can focus on content, the sidebar and a few other little items prior to releasing this to the world.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Alex, I cannot thank you enough. This is wonderful. I really appreciate it. Now I can focus on content, the sidebar and a few other little items prior to releasing this to the world.
Glad to hear that, I think it's a nice tribute you and your family will appreciate on every page view.

Another tip: go to WP admin > Stream > Stream settings to fill out a title, description, and photo of yourself to show on the Stream page and also the Stream sidebar widget.

Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
Thanks Alex. I added in a photo for the Stream. I am really finding that to be very helpful.

One question. In doing the header I believe I had sent a featured image. When I attempt tp post something to Facebook an image we used for the header (left side) comes up and no the header for the post. I cannot remember what I did. How can I delete the featured image so that the one for the post or stream shows on the link?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thanks Alex. I added in a photo for the Stream. I am really finding that to be very helpful.

One question. In doing the header I believe I had sent a featured image. When I attempt tp post something to Facebook an image we used for the header (left side) comes up and no the header for the post. I cannot remember what I did. How can I delete the featured image so that the one for the post or stream shows on the link?
The best solution is to use an SEO plugin that adds the proper meta tags for social media to read. I recommend the free "SEO framework" and have also heard good things about Rank Math. Both are free at WordPress.org plugins.

Comment

Richard Brown

Md
Reaction score
Alex, can you let me know how I can change the title in the header image you designed for me? I need to change the blog name to "Why Am I Giving Her Love Away?" from Richard's Journey of Love.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hey @Richard Brown, I love to see your website progress! Keep it up!

That line is coming from the site title which you can change in WP admin > Settings > General.

2 Comments
Richard Brown
Richard Brown commented
Without your help and assistance it should not have been possible!

Alex
Alex commented
Always here my friend. :)