• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Implemented Feature Request: Import already existing WP users to XF

game-invaders

XFtoWP
Reaction score
As the title states I think it would be super important to be able to synch all existing users from WP over to XF (and vise versa)
Currently I have over 2700 users on my WP site that all need XF access with their current logins. Trying to figure out a way to import all those users over so that everything is up to date and XFtoWP can handle all newly created accounts henceforth.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! This has been brought up in a few other threads here and I am getting close to releasing a bulk processor and login to XF tool in version 1.5 that brings users across sites. I may be able to release the latter feature first, which allows users to enter their login credentials into WP and if the account doesn't exist on XF—create it which could be a good workaround.

At the moment I am preparing the BuddyPress integration for XFtoWP 1.4.1 which I expect out later tonight (EST time zone). This will allow you to capture new registrations and have them synced in the meantime.

Comment

game-invaders

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! This has been brought up in a few other threads here and I am getting close to releasing a bulk processor and login to XF tool in version 1.5 that brings users across sites. I may be able to release the latter feature first, which allows users to enter their login credentials into WP and if the account doesn't exist on XF—create it which could be a good workaround.

At the moment I am preparing the BuddyPress integration for XFtoWP 1.4.1 which I expect out later tonight (EST time zone). This will allow you to capture new registrations and have them synced in the meantime.

Awesome! Do you know if there's a manual way of synching our current users on WP to XF for now while we wait?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Awesome! Do you know if there's a manual way of synching our current users on WP to XF for now while we wait?
My post here gives an idea of how to work with the XFtoWP post meta, but needs further modding and is more basic than what you are asking to do:

I will try to work on a similar "crude" solution you can use over the next day or two since I can tell you are moving fast. I can't guarantee anything since it involves making at least 2,700 requests to your API which may not be a great idea to do all at once.

Comment

game-invaders

XFtoWP
Reaction score
My post here gives an idea of how to work with the XFtoWP post meta, but needs further modding and is more basic than what you are asking to do:

I will try to work on a similar "crude" solution you can use over the next day or two since I can tell you are moving fast. I can't guarantee anything since it involves making at least 2,700 requests to your API which may not be a great idea to do all at once.
Awesome thanks so much for the info. When it comes to the Bulk import, thats more for threads correct? or does that equally work for users?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Awesome thanks so much for the info. When it comes to the Bulk import, thats more for threads correct? or does that equally work for users?
The utility will work for both users and threads.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion! Importing users between WP and XF has been implemented in the upcoming XFtoWP 1.5. More details and download information will be available shortly.

Here's a preview of one of the new bulk actions tools in progress.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.07.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.07.13 PM.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 11
Comment