• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Resolved Docs hp page has disappeared

amalseed

Md
Reaction score
Hey @Alex, I just updated to the new docs dropin and it has removed the main docs page (all the docs pages are still there, just not the main page). Any ideas?

Solution
Ok, I found the issue and your archive page has returned!

It looks like you were still using the Docs drop-in within your child theme instead of moving it over to the MD Drop-ins system. So I disabled the drop-in in your child theme and installed/activated it to the MD Drop-ins Manager.

It snapped everything right into place.

From here I recommend you delete the entire dropins folder in your child theme to avoid any potential conflict moving forward. The next time Docs gets an update, you can easily just reinstall it to the Drop-ins manager!

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Strange, maybe a permalinks issue. Try to resave any MD settings page to flush the pernalinks.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Do you use a custom slug? Does the slug in the Docs settings match when you go to it in the browser? Also, do single pages and Category pages load?

Can you post the link to what your docs page should be so I can take a look?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Man your site is better every time I visit it. :love:

But this is a strange issue, I am not able to reproduce the issue on my dev site with the same settings applied. What happens if you change the slug and Plural/singular labels back to default?

If nothing, I am thinking there is a conflict with some custom stuff in your child theme. A few things to look out for:

1) Do you have any files related to the Docs dropin in your child theme?
2) Which Loop setting do you have in MD > Site Design > Content > Archives?
3) In your child theme, have you made edits to any core MD template files?

Feel free to private message me your child theme files if you are still stuck, and a test admin account if you feel inclined. We'll definitely get to the bottom of this one!

Comment

amalseed

Md
Reaction score
I changed the slug back, but it didn't fix anything.

I did make some changes to the code, when I was first trying to remove the word 'Docs' & change it to 'Q&As' (before you added it into the dropin), it may have something to do with that?

1) Do you have any files related to the Docs dropin in your child theme? NO
2) Which Loop setting do you have in MD > Site Design > Content > Archives? See below:
3) In your child theme, have you made edits to any core MD template files? YES I think so, it was what you suggested in a previous forum post I made about it.

c1.JPG

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I did make some changes to the code, when I was first trying to remove the word 'Docs' & change it to 'Q&As' (before you added it into the dropin), it may have something to do with that?
If you updated to the latest Docs 1.1.2, then those changes would have been overwritten since the files were replaced.

I can't say much more as it must be a child theme conflict somewhere. Do you alter the md_hook_content hook in your child theme files? If so, try to disable those hooks and see if the Docs content area returns.

Comment

amalseed

Md
Reaction score
It was working fine before I updated it. Then soon as the update went through it hasn't worked since.

3 Comments
Alex
Alex commented
At this point, I'm gonna have to ask you to PM me a test WP admin account if that's alright!

amalseed
amalseed commented
No worries at all mate... Will sent it very soon...

amalseed
amalseed commented

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Ok, I found the issue and your archive page has returned!

It looks like you were still using the Docs drop-in within your child theme instead of moving it over to the MD Drop-ins system. So I disabled the drop-in in your child theme and installed/activated it to the MD Drop-ins Manager.

It snapped everything right into place.

From here I recommend you delete the entire dropins folder in your child theme to avoid any potential conflict moving forward. The next time Docs gets an update, you can easily just reinstall it to the Drop-ins manager!

Comment
Solution