• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

cURL error 7: Failed to connect to marketersdelight.net port 443: Connection refused

jjj

Md
Reaction score
Bug description:
When logging into the backend of the WordPress site www.beambackpack.eu I get the following message: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate

In the first instance, I contacted the hoster. They came up with the following conclusion:

Unfortunately, it took a bit of figuring out because a process on the server was trying to connect to an external party. However, that server does not respond.
When I log in, a connection is established with an IP address from another provider
(Linode):
46913 connect(9, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(443), sin_addr=inet_addr("66.228.36.30")}, 16) = -1 EINPROGRESS (Operation now in progress)

I blocked it, hoping that no error message could be generated about it, and so the wp-admin would just load.
Instead, I got the following message, with a little more information:
cURL error 7: Failed to connect to marketersdelight.net port 443: Connection refused
If I try to visit it in my browser:
marketersdelight.net didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Website URL/page affected:
Current WordPress version:
Difficult to find out, as I do not have access to the backend.
Current MD version:
Difficult to find out, as I do not have access to the backend.
Error notice (if applicable):
See above
Screenshots:

Solution
Hi @jjj sorry for the late reply here.

I see this is an old version of MD as it is trying to connect to the now defunct marketersdelight.net domain.

If you have FTP/server access you can disable the request. If you are willing to provide me with FTP details I can quickly do this, otherwise you will want to look around the /lib/marketers-delight.php file and remove the include() statement for updater.php.

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @jjj sorry for the late reply here.

I see this is an old version of MD as it is trying to connect to the now defunct marketersdelight.net domain.

If you have FTP/server access you can disable the request. If you are willing to provide me with FTP details I can quickly do this, otherwise you will want to look around the /lib/marketers-delight.php file and remove the include() statement for updater.php.

Comment
Solution