• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access members-only support forums.

Confirmed Change font of header menu and the color of the page title?

Ivan Brezak Brkan

Content Entrepreneurshiping
Md
Reaction score
Using the customizer in MD, I can't find an option to change the color of a page's or post's title (which is inherited from the body color?) and to change the font of the menu in the header (which is inherited from the body font?) :) Small changes, I know but I haven't found where to set it up. Thank you in advance!

The settings are moved since MD 5.0. You can find them now when you're going to Marketers delight -> Site Design.

You can edit the colors on the first tab, when you go to text colors.
Schermafbeelding 2020-07-26 om 01.41.08.png

You can change the font-size on the same page, but on the tab "fonts & typography". Go to the Header section.
Schermafbeelding 2020-07-26 om 01.43.12.png

Comment
Thanks, @Maikel :)

1. I've tried, but when I do change the Headline color, it applies to H2, H3, etc, but not the title of the page/post - which is H1 I guess? I have the "headline color" set to black, but the Title of the post is gray like the body text?So the title color changes when I change the body color, but I want the title to be a different color than the body obv :)

1595760665580.png
As you can see, the title is gray, while the H4 is black:

1595760811100.png

2. As for the font change, also tried before and it doesn't work or I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The header font settings react to the size, but when I put a font - they don't. It inherits the

1595760769175.png
If we take the same example, the H1 is Open Sans and it works, while the same font doesn't work for the header :(

1595760851872.png

I'm using 5.1

Thanks for the help! :)

Attachments

• 1595760651004.png
    1595760651004.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 1
Comment
1. There was a bug for the headline color. in version MD 5.1.1 and previous. When you update your theme everything should work alright.

2. Tested it on version MD 5.1.2 and i see the same problem occur. Will make a bug report, so we can fix this asap.

For now you can add some custom code to fix it (you can delete the code as soon as we release a bug fix). You can add the following code to your child theme:
CSS:
.header {font-family: Open Sans;}

Comment
Thanks @Maikel !

BTW, is this the same issue as the button font which I notice now is also the body font? Is there a css class to overwrite this as well?

1595828362310.png

Last edited:
Comment
Yes, you can overwrite it with CSS. You can use the following code and change the font family to the font you want it to be.

CSS:
input[type="submit"], button, .button, a.button, .button a, .format .button {font-family: Open sans;}

Comment
Great looking site @Ivan Brezak Brkan and thank you for working through this! I will take a look into this and see where the design controls can be improved and will keep up with progress in the bug reports forum (going to merge this thread).

Comment
Back