• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Can't remove "last updated" from loop in Docs

Solari

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
For some reason the date updated shows up in the loop metas even though I don't have it checked to ADD it and even have the date removed. This is in the category settings area for Doc categories, btw. Is this a bug? Thanks!

P.S. I have to say it is very cool to be able to muck with layout settings, etc. on a per category basis. Props!

CURRENT SETTINGS:​

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 1.35.46 AM.png

RESULT:​

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 1.35.57 AM.png

Solari

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
P.S Any way to also remove the date, etc. from single articles in Docs too?

Ray

Comment

Solari

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
@Alex I noticed this was moved to feature requests but I think it's more of a bug because in the options seen above you have "Add last updated" which is toggled off but it still shows that meta.

Ray

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I recall parts of the Docs loop were hard coded into the loop template and don't take full advantage of the MD byline settings, which is entirely possible! I'd call this more of an enhancement than a bug, though I see the confusion here for sure.

For now you would have to edit the child theme template to show your chosen byline items, but I've marked this for an area to tackle in new developments. Just like category pages there are quite a few pages to expand these settings and others onto.

@Alex I noticed this was moved to feature requests but I think it's more of a bug because in the options seen above you have "Add last updated" which is toggled off but it still shows that meta.

Ray
Oops, I wrote the above message out and forgot to publish it. Hope this makes more sense.

Comment

Solari

Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Sounds good, makes sense now. : )

Ray

PS. There was no copy of doc loop in the child theme template directory -- I copied it over but the changes didn't take. They only took if I edited the parent theme loop-doc.php file.

P.P.S. I know we have the ability to turn off bylines on a per post basis, would there be a way to standardize it per category (or across Docs) so I don't have to toggle it for every single post made? I forget at times to set it so it would be nice to have a default setting.

Last edited:
Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
PS. There was no copy of doc loop in the child theme template directory -- I copied it over but the changes didn't take. They only took if I edited the parent theme loop-doc.php file.
There are two template files for Docs. The first as you've found is loop-docs.php which controls the loop for category listings and other general listing results across the Docs post type.

To modify, copy the contents of: /wp-content/themes/marketers-delight/templates/loops/loop-docs.php to:

/wp-content/themes/YOUR_CHILD_THEME/templates/loops/loop-docs.php

But the template you're looking for can be copied from: /wp-content/md-dropins/docs/templates/category-listing.php

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 1.10.50 AM.png
and paste into: /wp-content/themes/YOUR_CHILD_THEME/templates/docs/category-listing.php

Note you will have to create the file path in your child theme, and following this same formula across theme and drop-in templates will allow you to modify any template you want at the foundational level, and use easy MD helper functions and classes to speed up building templates.

P.P.S. I know we have the ability to turn off bylines on a per post basis, would there be a way to standardize it per category (or across Docs) so I don't have to toggle it for every single post made? I forget at times to set it so it would be nice to have a default setting.
I will answer this in my next reply. :)

Comment