Resolved Can’t Disconnect Users

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Did you try to disconnect a user immediately after upgrading? I suspect it may be a cache issue after updating. Try a hard refresh (cmd + shift + r) on the page, then perform the action.

If it still doesn't work, check your browser's error console and see if there are any errors (right click > Inspect page). I haven't been able to find any issues disconnecting on my sites.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
We've seen this issue before and it comes from a service called Freemius that some plugin's use. An older version of Freemius interferes with AJAX requests other plugins—like XFtoWP—make from the admin panel.

I believe they fixed this issue in an updated version of the Freemius library as I was able to solve this issue with another XFtoWP in the customer in the past.

Does Freemius sound familiar to you, and do you know which plugin of yours uses this service? That will be the first step to debugging this, and from there we can see if they are using the most up to date Freemius library.

For reference, here's a link that offers a good explanation from the technical side.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
I'm assuming this would be a WP plugin, and not an XF one?
Correct. If it isn't obvious to you, maybe if you share a list of your plugins here I can recognize the culprit.

Sadly, when plugin developers are lazy they resort to installing entire libraries like Freemius to give them quick functionality, but often comes with frustrating bugs like this.

Comment

thunderclap82

XFtoWP
Reaction score
I wish I could say I don't have a lot but, sadly, I have 35. Here is the list:

A5 Custom Login Page
Advanced Editor Tools (previously TinyMCE Advanced)
Akismet Anti-Spam
All In One WP Security
Ban Hammer
Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
Classic Editor
Classic Widgets
Contact Form 7
Default Featured Image
Disable Toolbar
Easy FancyBox
Easy FAQ with Expanding Text
hCaptcha for Forms and More
Hide Title
JReviews
Lightwight Social Icons
Manage Notification Emails
Max Mega Menu
Nav Menu Roles
OneSignal Push Notifications
Remove Dashboard Access
S2Framework
Ultimate Category Excluder
User Role Editor
Username Changer
Widgets On Pages
WordPress Hide Posts
WordPress Persistent Login
WP Mail SMTP
WP Server Stats
WP Twitter Auto Publish
WP2Social Auto Publish
WPFront User Role Editor
XFtoWP

Do you happen to know what the exact name of the Freemius plugin is? I can do a search and see if I can track it down that way.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Haha I was worried, but this isn't too bad. Freemius is a library that would be included in a plugin, so the Plugins list itself wouldn't necessarily tell you. I will try to track a list of plugins that use Freemius, if that exists, otherwise we'd have to look up a plugin one by one.

If you are able to mass search plugin files for "freemius" that would be the quickest solution.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
The free versions here, right?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Ok, I installed and activated both plugins and am still able to disconnect users from the frontend and admin side. Two questions:

1) Obvious, but, are both plugins up to date?
2) If you disable the plugins does the disconnect feature work?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Well, I'm running out of ideas. With the plugins disabled, you receive the same console error? If so, that would indicate there's another plugin using Freemius.

Comment

thunderclap82

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Well, I'm running out of ideas. With the plugins disabled, you receive the same console error? If so, that would indicate there's another plugin using Freemius.
I did another search and those are the only two coming up with "freemius". Could there be another name?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Try to do a search for:

fs_blog_admin

I doubt you'll find anything different but let me know if anything new comes up.

At this point, if you're open to it, I could take a look myself if you make me a temporary WP admin account. Otherwise I haven't been able to reproduce this issue on my dev and local sites with these plugins installed + activated via Freemius so I am at a loss at how I can help much further.

My email is alex@kolakube.com.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hey @thunderclap82, thanks for the additional details. When I click the "Disconnect user" link in the Edit user profile everything proceeds as expected and without any console errors. Is this where you were testing the disconnect user function?Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 5.15.20 PM.png

Comment

thunderclap82

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Well that's odd. I tried it with the test account and it works fine, but when I do it to another user's account it doesn't disconnect. I'll email you that account name so you can see what I'm seeing.

Comment

thunderclap82

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Maybe there's a glitch in the database? I looked through it to try and find where your plug-in stores the sync info but couldn't find it. Can you point me in the right direction? I figured I could delete the individual account sync then try syncing it again.

Comment