• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access members-only support forums.

Bulk Actions-Import users from XF issues

NCWoodworker

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Once I got the API user key permissions settled, I performed the bulk action "import XF users into WP".

In XF, if a user has not logged in for 30 days, they are moved from "Users" to "New Users" group. This import action made them members of both groups. This is executed via a nightly cron job.

In addition to XF usergroups being modified, I also had usernames get modified and passwords get modified on the XF side of the house. Users with ampersands, quotes, or apostrophes in the name were changed. Here are a couple of examples:

originalupdated
dave "dhi"dave "dhi"
"B""B"
I am going to have to restore from a snapshot as over 12k user accounts were modified in some form.

Please advise where I went wrong before I attempt to use this action at a later time.

Last edited:
Hi @NCWoodworker, my apologies for the lack of support on my end. I am back to provide full support if you are still interested in the plugin.

In XF, if a user has not logged in for 30 days, they are moved from "Users" to "New Users" group. This import action made them members of both groups.
Does this change the Primary or Secondary usergroups? XFtoWP does not alter the Primary usergroup, so that will be helpful for me to know before digging in to this part of the issue.

In addition to XF usergroups being modified, I also had usernames get modified and passwords get modified on the XF side of the house. Users with ampersands, quotes, or apostrophes in the name were changed. Here are a couple of examples:
Did you see this message before running the import, or did the password changes still happen after you disabled the mentioned settings?

I am going to have to restore from a snapshot as over 12k user accounts were modified in some form.
I apologize for the inconvenience here and I really do hope to be able to hear some feedback so we can get this process right for you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 02.51.32.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 02.51.32.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 2
Comment
Hi @NCWoodworker, my apologies for the lack of support on my end. I am back to provide full support if you are still interested in the plugin.

Does this change the Primary or Secondary usergroups? XFtoWP does not alter the Primary usergroup, so that will be helpful for me to know before digging in to this part of the issue.
The secondary group was modified on the XF side
Did you see this message before running the import, or did the password changes still happen after you disabled the mentioned settings?
I saw no warnings about any passwords being modified
I apologize for the inconvenience here and I really do hope to be able to hear some feedback so we can get this process right for you.
Right now, the plugin is still enabled, with the option set to use XF credentials, but this is not working either. It may be due to settings in .htaccess my consultant set up.

Comment
I saw no warnings about any passwords being modified
To your knowledge, was it every account or only some users?

Right now, the plugin is still enabled, with the option set to use XF credentials, but this is not working either. It may be due to settings in .htaccess my consultant set up.
In this situation it depends on where the user is logging in from. If you haven't already, try logging in from the standard https://domain.com/wp-login.php URL and see if the credentials work this way.

Comment
To your knowledge, was it every account or only some users?
When I reviewed the logs in XF, every account had been touched in some form. Some only had passwords updated, some had the account name modified (see post #1), and some had the secondary groups modified.
In this situation it depends on where the user is logging in from. If you haven't already, try logging in from the standard https://domain.com/wp-login.php URL and see if the credentials work this way.
the login window never goes away, it just keeps promoting for credentials.

Comment
the login window never goes away, it just keeps promoting for credentials.
I can see your WP-login page has been modified with a GoDaddy button, which also may be causing the redirect window you are seeing. That part is not natural to the WP login process and will be worth removing to test the login feature.

To clarify, you are talking about using the setting in XFtoWP that enables users to login from WP with their XF credentials?

If you need to keep this feature, it may be worth creating a front-facing login form for users to use and keep the wp-login.php method for you and your site staff.

Do you have another login point on your website?

When I reviewed the logs in XF, every account had been touched in some form. Some only had passwords updated, some had the account name modified (see post #1), and some had the secondary groups modified.
Thank you, this is helpful to know. The good news is the process is working for that amount of users, so I will run some tests of my own to see where an issue may be happening.

Comment
Here are the settings for my current setup:
View attachment 4266
Looks good, also assuming your API user has the proper auth permissions too.

See my last post for some ideas for your next steps:

I can see your WP-login page has been modified with a GoDaddy button, which also may be causing the redirect window you are seeing. That part is not natural to the WP login process and will be worth removing to test the login feature.

[...]

If you need to keep this feature, it may be worth creating a front-facing login form for users to use and keep the wp-login.php method for you and your site staff.

Comment
I'm not sure where you are seeing a GoDaddy button
Doh, somehow I ended up on a similar website that was not yours. Anyways, I see the login redirect you are talking about:

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 14.35.09.png

For testing purposes, can you disable this password to the WP admin and try the login?

Comment
I can create a local WP user and login if the XftoWP plugin is enabled or disabled. If I select known credentials from a XF user account, the login attempt fails at the WP login screen.

API settings:
1699372725822.png

Comment
I can create a local WP user and login if the XftoWP plugin is enabled or disabled. If I select known credentials from a XF user account, the login attempt fails at the WP login screen.

API settings:
View attachment 4274
I see. For the credentials to be used cross sites without the same password, the WP and XF user already have to be connected (which is what the bulk sync was for).

I know your original issue is with the bulk sync tool and I am still looking into some refinements to send out for that. I realize you are at a bit of a standstill because of this so my apologies, but I will have something for you soon.

Comment
Back