• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.
  • Support reminder: Please do not use private messaging for product support. Post questions to the respective forums to get help.

Auto created XF thread doesn't display at the bottom of WP post

freqfly

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Firstly, a great plugin - well thought out, doesn't seem to be "buggy" and does exactly what it says. Thank you!

Maybe I'm missing something obvious: When a XF thread is automatically created from a WP post, the thread is not displayed at the bottom of the WP post. When checking "Synch info", I can see the post and thread are connected, but the thread doesn't display at the bottom of the post as I would have expected.

I first thought it was a timing issue, but have now waited more than 24 hours and the threads still doesn't display. And yes, there is activity on the thread so it has more than the initial post.

I can get around the problem by manually disconnecting and then reconnecting the thread to the post in the WP editor. When I do this, the thread displays at the bottom of the post. Surely, there shouldn't be the need to to this manually??

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the kind words about the plugin and for your patience with my reply here. I have been away for the holidays.

I will have to take a look at the 1.4 beta release to see if I can reproduce this issue. You are correct that the thread should display after the post immediately after connecting to the thread, so I will have to see why this may be the case.

For now I'd guess a cache plugin issue? But since 1.4 is still in beta I am open to there being an issue with the new thread auto publish feature. I'll reply back here shortly with an update for you.

Comment

freqfly

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi Alex

We are using 1.3.1. I don't think it's related to a cache plugin - we rely on Cloudflare for our caching, any it's been many days since the article was published so even if it was due to cache, that should now have self corrected.

For your info, this is the WP article https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/bonus-status-credits-qantas-hotels-holidays/ and this is the XF thread created https://www.australianfrequentflyer...ntas-hotels-holidays-book-by-31-12-21.102972/. As you can see the thread doesn't appear at the bottom of the WP article.

We can manually link XF threads to WP and they do appear at the bottom of the WP article. Eg. https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/cathay-oneworld-multi-carrier-award/

Happy New Year, enjoy your holidays, and please let me know once you've had a chance to look into this.

Regards, Clifford

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
We are using 1.3.1.
Gotcha, you can only use the manual method in this version. XFtoWP 1.4 can now auto create threads when you publish posts. You should get your expected results with this version. (see release details)

The 1.4 beta download (in your account area) can be installed to your site. It's been out for over a week and has proven to be stable in production, so I'll mark the final release shortly.

Great use of the plugin on your site. :D

Comment