• Welcome to the all-new Kolakube support, the official place to get help for Marketers Delight, XFtoWP, CryptoWP, and other WordPress products! Please login with your account details to access private support forums.

Adding Existing WP Users To WP

matteld80

XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi @Alex

We need to add the current users to Xenforo to the new wordpress

Issue I'm having is when I try and add a user to wordpress with same email thats in Xenforo I get an error - user already exists.

I need to then deactivate the plugin add the user then manually add the username and email to sync the user

I have 500+ users to add - Is there a way to do this an easier way?

Thanks, Matt

Alex

MD developer
Staff member
Md
XFtoWP
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

The next release for XFtoWP is a bulk process tool that allows you to import XF users to WP with the click of a button. The release is near alpha version and I'll have a demo soon, so a solution is on the way.

XFtoWP intentionally checks cross-sites if the email exists and prevents syncing if so. I see a limitation of that and think a better experience would be to ask if you are sure you want to overwrite the user's email, rather than blocking it outright as it is currently.

I have 500+ users to add - Is there a way to do this an easier way?
Until the bulk processor tool is there, the best way is to get your users to verify themselves! XFtoWP comes with a manual user verify option where they simply need to enter the username from a page you create in WordPress to sync themselves.

Here is the shortcode you can use to output the form:

CSS:
[xf template="user-verify"]

Until then I am working on the bulk updater and getting pretty excited for its release. I'll keep everyone updated here and at XF.com for a first look and other updates.

Comment