Table of Contents
- Chronicl 1.1 [return]
- Marketers Delight 2.2.6 [return]
- Have You Seen These New Thesis Sites? [return]
- The Sales Lion [return]
- Make Money on the Internet [return]
- Pitch Anything [return]
- Michael Fishman [return]
- As Seen at BlogWorld… [return]
- The Perfect Blog Post [return]
- What’s Next For Kolakube [return]
- Have You Signed Up For Beast Optimization? [return]
- So That’s Me… How About You? [return]
There’s been a lot going on lately behind the scenes here at the ministry of Kolakube (heh).
I wanted to take a little time to talk about some new skin updates (this is a big deal), show you some of the client designs I’ve worked on, and talk about things like Beast Optimization and other plans for Kolakube.
Basically, there’s a ton of stuff that I want to talk about, and it’s all stuff you’ll just love.
Want to get started?
Chronicl 1.1 [return]
- Fully-featured, badass responsive design
- HTML5 enabled
- Cleaner, and super light CSS
- All new simplified file structure
- Better logo/nav vertical alignment
- Better dropdown menus
- Cleaned up archives template
If you’re an existing Chronicl customer, you can download the update and instructions in your client area.
Don’t have Chronicl yet? Find out why Chronicl is the funnest Thesis skin to customize, ever.
Marketers Delight 2.2.6 [return]
- Much more flexible responsive design
- Better page-width framework support
- Simplified, more condensed CSS
- Improved pagination
- Orb lead/table lead misalignment
- Better logo/nav vertical alignment
- Better language support
- Fixed comment threading
If you’re an existing Marketers Delight customer, you can download the update and instructions in your client area.
Not a current Marketers Delight customer? If you want a Thesis skin that helps you create beautiful optin forms, feature boxes and landing pages— you may want to consider getting your hands on Marketers Delight now.
Have You Seen These New Thesis Sites? [return]
Over the past few weeks I’ve had the pleasure of working with great people to help redesign their sites, using the one and only Thesis theme.
Have you seen me raving about them on Twitter? If not, check them out!
The Sales Lion [return]
I met Marcus Sherdian at BlogWorld NYC last month during his great presentation. After his presentation, I went up and introduced myself to him, in which he then recognize me from my posts on DIYthemes. One thing led to another, and we ended up redesigning The Sales Lion!
He even wrote a blog post about some of the changes we made, and how you too can use good design to turn your blog into a REAL business.
Make Money on the Internet [return]
Chris and I worked together to get a nicely customized version of Marketers Delight 2 that better matched his site’s theme.
Pitch Anything [return]
I was approached by the team that works with author Oren Klaff (at a rather awkward moment in my life) to redesign their website and help better funnel their content.
Using Marketers Delight 2 and a little bit of elbow grease, the results came out pretty amazing.
Michael Fishman [return]
This wasn’t a full redesign, as I was tasked to create a better, inspired version of his previous website. I had a lot to work with, and I think things came out very nicely.
As Seen at BlogWorld… [return]
I thought this was sweet, when I watched my friend Lewis Howes speak at BlogWorld, he incorporated the feature box I designed for him months ago and talked about the results it brought in for him.
It was great seeing my work being appreciated like this to a room full of people.
The Perfect Blog Post [return]
Recently, Derek Halpern released the “perfect blog post” formula on Social Triggers. It instantly went viral, and I think is an incredible resource that I had the honor of designing for him.
And as a traditional reaction to Derek Halpern’s content, everyone on the Internet will now become an expert on creating the “perfect blog post” and will now share these ideas as if they were their own.
What’s Next For Kolakube [return]
So that’s just a glimpse at some of the things I’ve been working on. Can you tell I’ve been busy?
While I have plenty of other projects in line for others, I also have some killer stuff I’ve been working on to make Kolakube an even better resource.
Expect to see these things being deployed over the next few months:
- A gigantic video library full of tutorials for my Thesis skins, and other videos related to design
- I’m going to start writing more about designing for your business on Kolakube
- A new skin hopefully coming out late July/early August. It’s a portfolio skin called Spotlight
- I want to get in the habit of releasing more freebies here
Have You Signed Up For Beast Optimization? [return]
In a journey to help me get back into writing (and share some much-needed knowledge), I created a series called Beast Optimization.
This free series is all about helping you create a faster, better-performing website. Some of the topics covered are:
- Do plugins really slow down your website?
- What features on your website you should remove
- How to supercharge your website with these killer cache + CDN tips
- The HTTP outbreak: How HTTP requests suck the life out of your website
- And much, much more…
To give you an idea of the quality of content you receive by joining this course, I released the article I wrote about image optimization for everyone to see. You should read it, it’s a great article if I do say so myself.
Want to learn more about creating a faster website? Join Beast Optimization right now:
So That’s Me… How About You? [return]
You know, after writing down what I’ve been doing the past few weeks, I feel like I’ve accomplished more than I thought prior to writing this.
This motivates me to only keep going strong and hopefully being able to write more update posts like this to show off the work I’ve been doing.
I want you to get the same kind of feeling that I have right now. In the comments below, tell me some of the things you’ve been working on the past few weeks. I’d love to know what you’ve been upto.