Well, it's been a rewarding two weeks since we relaunch Do It While You're Young on MD2. The site was on a custom Thesis design before, and there were enough "we should do that's" that we went looking for a solution and found MD2 and the Kolakube community. We are absolutely thrilled with the decision.
Special thanks to Sean for all of his assistance. We actually ran into a snag the night of the changeover when we were having trouble with porting over. Sean recognized what was going on - we were using CloudFlare and hadn't put it into developer mode. So we were seeing a weird mix of cached and new design elements. It was something I really couldn't explain, but I'm glad we were able to resolve it quickly and get back up within our 3 hour window.
I'm loving the page leads, and really starting to appreciate the power of the landing page in converting. My new marketing mantra is 'only one target' per page. And that has been proving very successful:
- increase in subscriptions - http://www.diwyy.com/subscribe/
- increase in writers contacting us - http://www.diwyy.com...writers-wanted/
Haven't experienced a bump in advertisers, but I think that might be my copy. I have to work on that. I suppose I could track with some GA action. I should really get on that :-)
So, I'd love to get your feedback. Fire away.
And if anyone can help answer these questions, I'd love to know:
- we are using the Proxima Nova font. It's loaded on the server. I see this strange lag between when design elements and images show up on the page, and when the text appears on the page. The text has a half second delay. Any ideas what I can do to troubleshoot this or resolve?
- anyone out there who has figured out how to add a dynamic 'pin it' button and counter on the page below the other social buttons? The only ones I've found is a pinterest follow button, and a button generator on the Pinterest page where you have to enter the actual URL of the page you want to pin. I'm looking for something that is dynamic.
- my logo isn't clickable to go back to the homepage. I have no idea why this is.