Md2 Work In Progressmd2
Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:53 AM
I've had MD2 installed for about 5 weeks now, and really enjoy it.
I realize the site has incomplete/naked pages, but please give me any feedback, even if it's negative I'd appreciate honesty
Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:02 AM
- Not usually a fan of sliders, but this one's alright. :-P
- I don't like the red text on dark header (your logo). I'd make it either white or just create yourself a simple little logo.
- I think it'd look better if the empty menu bar under the header wasn't there.
- Where are your optin forms? :-p
- I think you can do something more with your footer. Optin form, portfolio stuff, a little about you, etc.
You should follow me on Twitter
NOTE: Unless stated otherwise, please do not personal message/email me for support.
I will happily help you if you post a thread in the forums.
Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:57 AM
One thing you are doing well - in a number of places, you focus on the benefits to the customer rather than features of your services. The tendency is for a service provider to focus on features, which requires the customer to translate into their benefits, which is one more step than you want them to have to take.
I second everything Alex mentioned above. Some other suggestions:
- Make sure you have an opt-in on your about page. This a great way to capture leads of those who read about you and dig your message.
- Good web copy is always tough. I read through a few of your pages and think you have an opportunity to pare down your copy. Go through ones and try to pare down the copy by half. Then, when you think you are done, go through once more and pare down by half again. Brevity is key!
And a question - I noticed you are using a different contact form than the designed that comes with MD2. What are you using to create this form?
Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:05 PM
1) Yeah, I'm not usually a fan of them either, but I do like this particular slider(riva slider). I found it on deadmau5's website before his most recent update
2) Am working on a logo, in the interim i switched the color to white, and you're right it is easier on the eyes
4) I did have an Optin form setup, but it's hard to justify the $30 / month for Aweber right now when I'm not getting much interaction. I know I should get it anyways, and probably will in the next few weeks/months after I work out the kinks to make it look the way I want (your tutorials are great, I just got stuck in a few places and need to work through them)
5) The footer definitely needs something in there, I'm not going to use a fat footer, so I'll likely use a call to action
Yeah you're right, I've got a Business Degree so I know a few things about marketing, people don't want to read all the fluff about how great I am, and how I do this and I do that. They're there and are asking themselves "How am I going to benefit from this?" so I try to answer that question clearly and consistently
1) Once i get the optin form setup, I'll be adding it to quite a few places, it's a good call to action
2) I think you're probably referring to my design page, and yes it's (very) lengthy. I'm going to split it up into 3 separate sub-pages and use more photos, just haven't got there yet
I'm using jetpack and it's just their standard form. Not sure why, but Alex's icons from MD2 (human icon, email icon) get pulled automatically into any form you create which is why i still use it http://wordpress.org...lugins/jetpack/
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users